Leaves and Lessons

Leaves and Lessons



I don’t know of any better way to spend a rainy Saturday morning than with a warm, steamy pot of Oolong Tea along with an Orange Scone and a few grapes. While these iron teapots aren't my favorite, (because I'm prissy!) I love the Oolong I'm having today which is traditionally served in an iron teapot. But I have to say this little cup with no handle is a little hard to hold with hot tea in it

There's a definite brewing process for all teas. Not just a simple boil and pour. It's a process and it is fascinating to me, thus my love for tea and the lessons in it. When brewed with the water at the proper temperature, the leaves slowly uncurl and relax allowing the tea to steep efficiently, then turning into a wonderfully tasting beverage. If the water is too hot or too cool, depending on the type of tea, it will not steep properly resulting in a bitter tasting or a drink either too strong or too weak. (To me, there is nothing more delicious than a perfectly brewed cup of tea.)

I was thinking that as the tea reacts to the proper conditions, we do the same thing. Tea leaves are a bit like some of us, in a tightly cut, rolled tight shape. Some days when I do not feel well, on this journey caused by lymphoma, if certain conditions are not met, my mood goes south. When your body is not performing the way it was designed to perform, blood counts go haywire, pain comes and goes, emotions go on a roller coaster ride and sometimes you wonder where your faith is, you wonder where hope went.

I have encountered Jesus on so many levels on this journey. On my bad days, a friend would text to see how I was doing, or my daughter or son would check in with me. Someone may stop by with food or flowers or a balloon - or I may stop by the mailbox and find a beautiful card - some with inspirational message and some that made me laugh out loud! Or a precious friend may call just to pray for me.

I’m reminded of the scripture in Exodus 17:12 when Moses’ arms became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset.
Each and every day my needs are met and the Lord assures me the just as He promised that He would never leave me nor forsake me. He prompts people to call or write or visit. I have had friends to pop up from childhood days. Friends and family who are praying and holding your arms up so to speak are one of THE MOST important parts of a journey like this one. Some days I do not feel like praying myself, He sends the “pray-ers” to me!!! I love how He orchestrates our lives, just like that water determines the outcome of the tea, when we are bound up so to speak in our own pain, He always meets us there, changes the conditions of our day and encourages us to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Never giving up. Trusting.

Since writing this blog, I have an update!

 Today I had a CT Scan, first one since 6 weeks of Rituxan treatments. Spleen is normal size praise be to God!!! Liver cysts stable and nodules in lungs stable and believing for those to be gone! My platelets dropped too low for me to have Lumbar Puncture tomorrow, but I am totally relying on the Lord to be handling all aspects of this journey so I will have that test when HE knows it is the best time!! I am praising the Lord with tears, laughter, and exceeding and abundant joy this afternoon for these great results!!! He’s a good, good Father!!!

Be Blessed Not Stressed
Kaye


Comments

  1. Well, Kaye, I like your blog but I love you! 70 is not so old! I have 3.3 years until I am there. I believe when we walk with Him, the love exceeds the other parts. It is not always easy. But I look for the good!
    I did not know of your "L" word. But I will pray it disappears.
    Praying in the Most Wonderful Name - Jesus!
    Love,
    Joanie B!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Kaye, God's Word and tea, "wonderful stuff," keep up the good work. HE sent HIS Word and healed us and delivered us out of ALL of our destructions. Psalm 107:20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful writing. Love my girlfriends in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all for your kind words. It's encouraging to a newbie‼️😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts