Journey Along With Me For Afternoon Tea



 It seems forever ago that I posted to my blog! There’s a story of course😀. I had contacted a young lady from a Christian blogger class that I attended at The Cove earlier this year to see if she might know anyone to help me with my blog. And as it turned out, she was actually the very one I needed to talk to. But what we did not know when I contracted with her to do the work was that Billy Graham would pass away the very next morning😐! I know you are thinking….AND??? Well, she works for Billy Graham Evangelistic Association so as you can understand, she was a very busy lady for a few weeks. She had her own life events to take place during that time as well, so wasn’t able to work on the blog as soon as we had hoped. Then when she did get it up and running, I had a treatment(for the Lymphoma) which did not treat me very well😥. I didn’t get much sleep the night before so between lack of sleep and the treatment itself, I have not been feeling well the past couple of weeks. So there you have the “rest of the story.”

 Since she has updated my blog, it has been moved to a different “server” I guess you could call it or maybe not! Either way, I thought I would put a quick post out there today to see how it all works!!! I hope that all of you who have subscribed to my blog will either leave me a comment on the blog itself that you have received it or leave me a comment on FB or IG that you received this post BY EMAIL as I haven’t done a “live” post since the updates have been made. I would greatly appreciate it because then we will know all was successful!

 As you know this blog is titled A Piece of Cake…My Journey One Bite at a Time. It seems lately the bites have been rather large and not so easily chewed and swallowed. I believe in God’s faithfulness and I know that this too shall pass, but I am sure ready for it already!

 I thought I would just share some pics from a more joyful time this year when I’ve taken Afternoon Tea with friends. The first pictures are from the Biltmore Estate. They have the costumes from the Titanic movie on display right now and of course my favorite part was the ladies who were taking Afternoon Tea in the Library. The tea service below actually belonged to the Vanderbilt’s. As I walk through the Library, I always imagine being able to sit there and actually take tea. For me, that would be a dream come true…as you know I’m sort of a fanatic in this area! The costumes were so beautiful…the fabrics were just simply stunning. While I love the beautiful clothes, I’m not sure I could have dealt with being “cinched up” to be able to wear them!!!




The next pictures were taken at the Inn on Biltmore. A friend and I had tea there one afternoon and it was exquisite to say the least. The menu below was our guide to what we were eating because we sure couldn’t tell by looking😁!!! This was the most extravagant Afternoon Tea that I have had the pleasure of enjoying and I’ve had some very nice Teas, but this one “took the cake”.





Then I met my good friend and former Pastor Jenna for Afternoon Tea at the Ohenry Hotel in Greensboro. This tea is very reasonably priced and food is excellent! I don't get to see my good friend often but taking tea is a wonderful way to catch up with friends because it's not all about the food...but it's all about the tea and talking😍!  When you make a reservation for tea, it automatically sets the tone for relaxation and rest. When I pour the hot tea from the teapot into the delicate china teacup and the steam from the tea wafts into the air, it just speaks peace to me. That is why I love taking tea so much because it's not about the tea, as its about the "time" tea makes for us. 


And last but not least by any means, I had a few friends to my house one afternoon and these pictures are next. It was a most wonderful afternoon, enjoying the food (my friends helped me prepare the food this time) and the tea, but most of all the conversation. This wonderful lady in the hat, had told my other two friends that she wanted to pray for me after hearing my diagnosis and she also wanted to have tea with us, so we just combined it all into one event. We laughed, cried, prayed, ate and drank tea..oh and sang...all at the same time!!! God has blessed me with many good friends and I am so very thankful for each and every one of them because each contribute a different form of blessing to me during this journey. 





I hope you haven't been bored on this journey today, but I enjoyed sharing my exploits with you as it has taken me back in time to these different gatherings of friends and tea and has boosted my day!!!

The next Tea adventure will be at the Billy Graham Library for their Annual Ladies Tea, so I'll share pictures in the next post. Billy Graham's daughter Gigi is speaking that day so we are looking forward to this event with much anticipation!

As the picture at the top of this post says, nothing is so serious that cannot be resolved with a good friend and a cup of tea and Jesus makes three!!!

Have a Blessed Easter!!

Kaye

Comments

  1. Guess you should be coaching me, though tea is hardly my approach!

    Nice work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts