Is the Answer Really Blowin’ in the Wind?





















Today, I have wanted to get outside of my house, just to sit on the deck under my new yellow umbrella!!! BUT…the wind is blowing so hard and the pollen is a flyin’ so I just have to be patient (once again!) until this wind “lays.” I wonder some days, just how long that will be. When I was growing up, the saying was…March winds bring April showers, then come May flowers…well…the wind blew in February, it blew in March and now April is half over and it still blowing like crazy. I try not to complain “too much” about weather patterns because I know they serve a purpose. God said we would always have seasons and I have lived in North Carolina all of my life and we definitely have seasons here and I love it! People who have migrated to this area, complain about this or that about North Carolina…but I just tell them, I love calling North Carolina home myself😍! I read a little about why the wind blows in the Spring and it has to do with atmosphere pressure, temperature changes as the earth moves closer to the sun and daylight is longer, so the pressure causes the wind to blow. I’ve been told that these winds in the Spring cause tree roots to go deeper into the ground so the trees can stand up under pressure.

It’s all sort of like life isn’t it??? The winds blow, seasons change, pressure causes change but as these things come and go we change as well. The pressures cause us to grow stronger, if we have the right outlook on them. The winds that blow storms into our lives cause us to stand our ground stronger than before…depending on our outlook and WHO we look to. The showers come and bring a refreshing to us just as the showers bring refreshing to the earth and bring us the flowers and blooming trees we love so well (except those with allergies of course!)

This journey through this season of Lymphoma (SMZL) affects me just like this unpredictable weather.  One day is sunny and bright, then the next may be cloudy and dismal with a lotta wind!!! One never knows when the report is going to be good or worrisome from the doctor. Now I know a Christ follower isn’t suppose to have the word “worry” in their vocabulary😕. Unless you are ready to change your address to Heaven, then that means you aren’t ready to leave planet Earth just yet. When you have the “C” word in your life, there’s always an uncertainty. I have known many people who are survivors, yet that once every 6 month or yearly checkup has a certain amount of apprehension that comes with it. I had a CT scan recently and I wasn’t pleased with some of the results, nor that I’m now having to take a medicine that helps keep a disease at bay, that could come from the Immunotherapy that I receive for the Lymphoma. You have to weigh all of these facts out because you cannot ignore facts, but the hope that I have is that TRUTH trumps facts. The Word of God is Truth! Facts can change but Truth NEVER changes because our Heavenly Father never changes!!! I’m so thankful for that. So after the wind settles…that has been stirred up by the test results, you pull up your boot straps, take Jesus by the hand and “walk on!" I am so thankful for friends that I can call on to pray for me when I walk through these valleys. The faithfulness of a praying friend is worth more than gold to me!

The Holy Spirit is also symbolized in the “TRUTH” by Wind!  I love The Passion Translation of the Bible. The scripture below talks about the Spirit-wind...and the footnotes below the verse expound on it.

John 3:8 The Passion Translation (TPT)
For the Spirit-wind blows as it chooses. You can hear its sound,[a] but you don’t know where it came from or where it’s going. So it is within the hearts of those who are Spirit-born!”[b]
Footnotes:
  1. John 3:8 The word for blow can also be translated “breathe.” The word sound can be translated “voice.” And the same word for Spirit can also mean “wind.” If our new birth is so mysterious, how much more will be the ways of living each moment by the movement of the Holy Spirit? You can then understand why Nicodemus was confused, for he took everything at face value and couldn’t see a deeper meaning.
  2. John 3:8 Or “The Spirit moves you as he chooses, and you hear his voice, but you don’t know where he came from or where he goes.” The Aramaic is so rich and multilayered in this passage. Perhaps it could be paraphrased as, “The wind, the breath, and the Spirit are moved by mysterious moods and in their own wonderful ways. When you feel their touch and hear their voices you know they are real, but you don’t understand how they flow and move over the earth. In this same mysterious way so is the way of everyone who is born by wind, breath, and Spirit.”

So if you are having some wind issues, whether weather related like me or physical related…like me, just make a decision. Are you going to let the winds of change, the storms of life, the seasons you walk through determine your days or your future? We have a choice you know. We can cave under the pressure or be blown away by the winds OR we can let the Spirit-wind blow in our hearts and take us to a place of peace and healing. I’ve made my choice…

I’m going with the latter!!!

It’s a blustery day outside said Pooh! I love this little video about Winds-day 😀!


Blessings to You,

Kaye

Comments

  1. Love this Kaye, the wind was fierce right while I was reading this...then suddenly it stopped and everything is still. Going through a stormy time, hope my roots get stronger. Thank you for your encouraging blog. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Micah...this too shall pass💗💚💗🙌🏻

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts